Wednesday 18 January 2012

Achieving the Impossible. Almost.

So in my last post I mentioned I wrote down six impossible things I believed I could achieve.  Well turns out yesterday I achieved one of them!  Almost.  But I was off by 1 second!! 

At my work, like many work places, a large part of our work is measured by stats.  A big one for us, being a call centre, is Call Handle Time (CHT).  Basically it addresses how long I take on each phone call (or another way to think of it, how long am I making the next caller wait).  So, my CHT is a little bit higher than the group average.  Like....probably more than a bit.  So I was encouraged to try and lower that significantly.  Something I've tried doing for quite some time with some success, but have never achieved the group average.  


So on Sunday night when I was inspired to believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast, I wrote one impossible goal: Achieve 2 mins 30 call handle time.  Sometime (preferably before the end of Feb).  Now that I believed impossible things, I have worked very hard to be as efficient, yet professional, as I could.


Well my friends, miracles can happen when you believe.  Yesterday my average call handle time was 2 mins 31.  YES 2 MINS 31 SECONDS.  ONE SECOND OFF THE GOAL.  I don't think I've ever achieved that before.  So heck, I figured that was definitely close enough to be celebrating!  And to make things better, the group average at the moment is 2 mins 32.  I WAS ONE SECOND UNDER THE GROUP AVERAGE. 

WOOHOO!!!

So, my friends.  I have achieved the impossible.  Almost. (2 mins 30 would be nice next time).

2 comments:

  1. nice work maz! I know how hard that can be, i don't think i ever got that low!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo! Good work Maz :D Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete